Internet user privacy is of paramount importance to EsellerText. Our goal is to maintain the trust of our users and others who visit our web sites. Below is information regarding our commitment to protect the privacy of our users.
Please NOTE: “We do not store customer credit card details”
- A user’s phonebook, message content and MSISDNs sent to and received from belong exclusively to that user, and will not be disclosed to any third parties without the user’s written permission.
- Any recipient of any message has the right to know the identity of the sender, and this will be disclosed on request to the recipient.
- By using this web site the User consents to the following regarding user contact information: (user contact information refers only to that information supplied when a user registers, and excludes all other information such as phonebook content and message history.):
EsellerText may use a user’s contact information to communicate with the user from time to time. Users may indicate if they do not wish to receive such communications.
- EsellerText may use users’ contact information for non-personal statistical purposes.
NO SPAM POLICY
EsellerText.co.uk subscribes to an Anti-Spam policy for all of our SMS communication platforms. We therefore do not condone unsolicited direct marketing messages sent by an individual or company to a person who has not consented to receive direct marketing messages
EsellerText.co.uk adheres to SMS code of conduct and will do its utmost to promote responsible messaging. Should EsellerText.co.uk receive any complaints about a customer, EsellerText.co.uk will do a full investigation into the account and should a customer not be adhering to the direct marketing code of conduct, EsellerText.co.uk reserves the right to close the account immediately and without notice.
Please see below for an excerpt from the Direct Marketing code of conduct:
1.11. Upon request of the recipient of a direct marketing message, the message originator must, within a reasonable period of time, identify the source from which the recipient’s personal information was obtained, and provide proof that the organisation supplying the originator with the recipient’s contact information has the recipient’s explicit consent to do so.
2.1. Any direct marketing message is considered unsolicited (and hence spam) unless:
- The recipient has requested the message
- The message recipient has a prior commercial relationship with the message originator and has been given a reasonable opportunity to object to direct marketing communications:
- At the time when the information was collected and
- On the occasion of each communication with the recipient.
- The organization supplying the originator with the recipient’s contact information has the recipient’s explicit consent to do so.
For individuals or organizations sending direct marketing message via SMS:
There are three steps to follow when sending out SMS messages for promotional campaigns:
You should only be sending out SMS messages to customers who have consented to receive marketing messages from you. There are two types of consent:
- Express consent – the message recipient has specifically requested messages from you/your company or organisation.
- Inferred consent – there may not be a clear indication of consent, but due to an existing relationship with the customer, it is expected that you/your company will contact said customer.
Your messages need to clearly indicate the person, company or organisation that is sending the message.
You should always offer the recipient the option to stop receiving your communications, allowing them to indicate that they no longer wish to receive SMS messages from you/your company or organisation.
For consumers receiving unwanted SMS messages
If you have received an unwanted text/SMS message from EsellerText.com, the quickest way to block someone from sending messages to you via EsellerText is to reply to the sender’s SMS with the word STOP.
REFUND: Where refund applies, this would be done within 7 to 10 working days
This facility enables you to find out who messaged you via our gateway and block the offending user from messaging you via our online facility. We will show you all recent messages sent to your mobile via our gateway. You can then block individual users of EsellerText.co.uk from messaging you, as well as obtain contact details of the sender.